Archive for October, 2009
outdoor living space. This includes large, outdoor covered living areas, summer kitchens, outdoor wet bars, pools, fireplaces, firepits and more.
We have toured many homes all over the country to develop our talent for designing these spaces. We recognize that it’s more than just including these features, the challenge is to incorporate them in a way that makes them feel like a natural extension of the interior living space. Read More→
Have we told you lately that we have been building the finest custom homes in Austin, Texas for 20 years?? Twenty years sounds incredible! Well it is. Twenty years under the same name, Sterling Custom Homes, Inc., and with the same Austin based owner. Twenty years as a premier custom home builder in the finest area communities. Twenty years of solid financial stability with a perfect history of paying subcontractors and Realtor commissions on time, every time. For 20 years we have been building upon the foundation of quality, integrity, diligence and customer service.
- a condition of abundance or great ease and comfort; sumptuous environment;
- an indulgence in something that-while not absolutely necessary-provides pleasure, satisfaction, or ease.
At Sterling Custom Homes, we are the epitome of luxury. From the communities we build in, to each room and the intricate detail of our client’s home, we surpass the needs of our distinguished buyers. We create luxury and pleasure in all areas of their Austin custom homes, indoor and outdoor. We listen to our client’s dreams and ideas and deliver a lifestyle that exceeds their expectations.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look at our luxury master-suites and continue the photo gallery tour from there.
To help prepare your home before you leave for the winter, the Institute for Business & Home Safety has produced: Is Your Home Alone? Keep It Safe When You Are Not There.
Some of the suggestions include:
- Adjust the thermostat to no lower than 55 degrees so pipes will not freeze.
- Drain your water system and turn off the main water source to prevent serious damage from a buildup of pressure if water freezes within your pipes.
- Turn off the water supply to your washing machine, ice-maker, toilets, and sinks to prevent a flood from ruptured hoses. A 1/8-inch crack can spew 250 gallons of water a day, ruining floors, furniture, and mementos.
- Unplug your coffee maker, microwave oven, television, and computer. Read More→
Part 1 of this series discussed the Initial Sketch stage of the Sterling Custom Homes’ plan process. If you missed the article, you can view it by scrolling down to the previous blog. Today, we move forward to stage II in the custom home building process, the Preliminary Plan phase.
Once the Initial Sketch is approved, it is re-sized to ¼” scale. This is the plan version that gives us the ability to gain accurate quantities for flooring, cabinetry, countertops, etc. We are then able to walk the client through the plans room by room using our proprietary 40 page Specifications program. Utilizing drop-down menus with pictures and website links, this system guides the client through every detail of every room and facilitates decisions such as flooring, counter tops, texture, crown molding, lighting, plumbing fixtures, cabinets/built-ins and many more particulars of their home. The Specifications process with Sterling is a very accurate and meticulous exercise; however, it is essential for pricing accuracy. Read More→